Pages

8/19/11

Curiosity Killed The Cat, But Satisfaction Brought It Back

I finally found out the origin of the phrase above ^^ It's kinda complicated though.


 <----William Shakespeare


So yeah, Shakespeare used this phrase "...Helter skelter, hang sorrow, care will kill a cat, up-tails all, and a pox on the hangman."  Before, 'care' meant 'worry' so it roughly translates to "curiosity will kill a cat." After that, a lot of people used the phrase and it transformed through time. :D
Hmm. I guess it isn't so complicated after all.


Anyway, this blog will be about the things I got curious about and my research about them. I will also include links, so you could better understand the subject without my opinions. :)


Want to Know More? Click here!
Know More About William Shakespeare here!
Read Shakespeare's works here!

0 Commentaires:

Post a Comment

© Curious Cat - Template by Blogger Sablonlari - Header image by Deviantart